Marriage is important to us. We are here to offer support to people both before and during the process of building a marriage.
There are many ways to show up in a helpful way, as is obvious during the wedding. Many hands eagerly assist the couple in creating a meaningful ceremony. Yet sometimes when life gets more difficult a few years down the road, a couple may forget how to access that lifeline.
- If we follow God, true married love between a man and woman can last to eternity. That love is called conjugial love. Love therefore is not just a “happily ever after” story but can be a “happily forever after” story
- Confidence, deep friendship and the mutual desire to do everything we can for our partner characterize conjugial love
- To grow into that love, partners must seek to usefully serve God, their partner, their community, and the world. Values such as fidelity, service and integrity guide such a life
Visit our website dedicated to marriage: Caring for Marriage at www.caringformarriage.org. Caring for Marriage provides many resources in support of marriage:
- Marriage Moats, a daily email with inspiration and encouragement to focus on marriage
- Small Groups
- An annual Marriage Conference, held around Valentine’s Day
- Marriage mentoring programs